Wishing for all the Thanksgiving fixings with none of the hassle? Local chefs have you covered with an array of options to feast on, so you can soak in New England’s most cherished holiday.
Take a look at our roundup of celebrations, broken up by location.
272 Boylston Street
Indulge in a Provençal Thanksgiving with Chef Robert Sisca’s three-course prix fixe tasting menu featuring additional foie gras and truffle supplements.
The $68 menu features an array of tempting dishes including:
- Belgian Endive Salad, Honey Crisp Apples, Hazelnuts, Bleu d ’Auvergne, Citrus Emulsion
- Seared Foie Gras, Brown Butter, Squash, Cider Jus (supplement)
- Goat Cheese Gnocchi, Pumpkin, Pistou, Pine Nuts, Preserved Lemon
- Slowly Cooked Turkey Ballotine, Sweet Potato Purée, Romanesco, Chestnuts, Roasted Pan Jus
- Pumpkin Cornmeal Tart, Goat Cheese Ice Cream
The prix fixe menu will be served in the main dining room and café. See the full Thanksgiving menu here. A separate prix fixe menu will be offered for $29 for children 12 and under.
Reservations can be made for the main dining room from 1 p.m. – 8 p.m. Please call 617.426.7878.
371 Commonwealth Avenue
Chef/Owner Christopher Coombs and his talented team are pulling out all the stops with a decadent three-course Thanksgiving Day prix fixe menu featuring sophisticated takes on traditional dishes.
The $99 per person menu includes dishes such as:
- Spiced Heirloom Pumpkin Soup, Adam & Larry’s Scituate lobster, chestnuts & pancetta
- Pavé of Duck Confit, frisée & petit mustard greens, forest mushrooms, dates, chestnuts & cranberry
- Misty Knolls “Turducken,” turkey breast, duck rillettes, chicken boudin, Robuchon potatoes, hash of Brussels, turnips, butternut squash, cranberry sauce & gravy
- Pumpkin Cheesecake, house made graham cracker, chai tea glace, salted white chocolate caramel sauce
- Apple Galette, date purée, Poire Williams glace, spiced granola
See full Thanksgiving menu here. A special children’s menu will also be available for those under 12 for $25.
Thanksgiving hours are noon – 8:00 p.m. For reservations or more information, please call 617.517.5915.
15 Arlington Street
This Thanksgiving, the award winning and luxurious Taj Boston invites guests to celebrate with two distinctive dining options.
The Café at Taj Boston, a AAA Four Diamond Restaurant, features dishes from recently appointed Executive Chef Jesse Souza who showcases contemporary New England flair, as well as authentic Indian cuisine prepared by Specialty Chef Gurminder Gidda who came straight from the Taj Mahal in Mumbai.
Taj Boston will also offer a Signature Brunch Buffet on Thanksgiving day, featuring a tempting array of seasonal culinary creations with themed displays that spotlight: made-to-order breakfast selections, chilled seafood, artisan cheese, Mediterranean antipasti and charcuterie, a sushi chefs presentation, fresh pastas, prime rib carving station, and a special holiday turkey complete with fixings. There is also an exquisite presentation of Indian cuisine from Specialty Chef Gurminder Gidda and an artistic dessert buffet created by Pastry Chef Robert Alger.
The Café is open for Thanksgiving Day for breakfast from 7 a.m. – 11 a.m., brunch à la carte from 11:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. and for a special turkey dinner from 2:30 p.m. – 9 p.m. Seatings for the signature brunch buffet on Thanksgiving Day are offered at: 11 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m., and 2 p.m. Pricing is $80/person for adults and $35/person and reservations are required.
For more information, please call 617.536.5700.
1375 Washington Street
Chef/Owner Chris Coombs’ South End urban steak bistro will be serving a three-course Thanksgiving dinner featuring classic Chops steak and raw bar selections alongside sophisticated Turkey Day fare.
This year’s menu is $79/person and includes the following highlights:
- Sugar Pumpkin Bisque with roasted chestnuts, pepita granola, and kabocha pearls
- Roasted Misty Knolls turkey
- Spiced Cranberry and Fig Chutney
- Herbed Brioche Stuffing with Walnuts
- Spiced Pumpkin Pots de Crème
See the full Thanksgiving menu here.
Thanksgiving hours are Noon – 8 p.m. For more information or reservations, please call 617.227.5011.
399 Grove Street inside Hotel Indigo, Newton
Think outside the box this Thanksgiving with BOKX 109’s “Liquid Thanksgiving” cocktail menu. The perfect complement to the restaurant’s traditional turkey-day entrée, this cornucopia of uniquely festive drinks features spirited takes on holiday-inspired flavors and riffs on tradition.
Offered throughout Thanksgiving week, cocktails selections include:
- Wild Turkey Gobbler, Wild Turkey Bourbon, grenadine, ginger ale
- Potato on the Side, Karlsson’s Gold Potato Vodka, prosciutto-wrapped olive
- Cran Pear-y Splash, Smirnoff Pear, muddled cranberry, sprite, lime
- “Thanks a Latte” Pumpkin Pie, Crop Spiced Pumpkin Vodka, Godiva Chocolate Liqueur, fresh espresso, crème Chantilly float
Thanksgiving hours are 5 p.m. – 10 p.m. in the dining room and until 1 a.m. at the bar. For reservations or more information, please call 617.454.3399.
One Burlington Mall Road inside Boston Marriott Burlington
True to its all-American roots, Chopps is serving up a luxurious five-course prix fixe menu featuring Executive Chef David Verdo’s modern interpretations of classic Thanksgiving fare.
For$49 (or $69 with wine pairings), guests can choose from a tempting array of dishes including the following:
- Roasted Butternut Squash Soup, pancetta, sage, crème fraîche
- Harvest Salad, blood orange, pomegranate, candied pecans, goat cheese
- Turkey, cornbread stuffing, potato purée, green beans, cranberry chutney
- Apple Cranberry Crisp or Pumpkin Brulée
See full Thanksgiving menu here.
Chopps will be open on Thanksgiving from 12 p.m. – 6 p.m., serving the Thanksgiving prix fixe menu in addition to the regular dinner menu. For reservations please call 781.221.6643.
BONUS OFFER: On November 27-29, overnight guests at the Boston Marriott Burlington can enjoy a Black Friday Valet Offer, featuring a special all-inclusive $129 per night and valet service to and from the best local stores for shoppers and their sale day scores. For bookings, visit the hotel’s Offers & Packages page online or call 1-800-228-9290 and use the code SHO. For more information on the hotel and special rates, please call 781.229.6565.
40 Edwin H Land Boulevard, Cambridge inside the Hotel Sonesta
Offering his signature Italian twist on an American tradition, Chef de Magistris’ three-course ‘Happy Free Range Thanksgiving’ feast features selections that will satisfy carnivores and vegetarians alike.
The $69 per person prix fixe menu features dishes including:
- Winter Squash Soup with crème fraîche, olive oil, pumpkin seeds and croutons
- Turkey Dinner, naturally raised, free-range turkey (Bob’s Turkey Farm, Lancaster, MA), with stuffing, potato puree, sweet potato fries, maple Brussels, cranberry sauce, and gravy
- Roast Duck (Crescent Duck Farm, Long Island, NY) with sour cherries, chestnut stuffing and rainbow greens
- Vegetarian Thanksgiving with chestnut stuffing, potato puree, sweet potato fries, maple Brussels, cranberry sauce, green beans casserole, veg gravy
- “Gimme’ a Sliva” of Four Pies: apple, chocolate pecan, pumpkin, and ricotta pie slivers
Thanksgiving hours are 1 p.m – 8 p.m. For reservations, please call 617.497.4200.
Reservations for these feasts are sure to be gobbled up quickly so book your spot today!
Since 2004, Tavern in the Square opens their doors in three locations to those who may not have a place to stay, or the means to spend on a meal. Staff and members of the community volunteer for the day, inviting anyone in need to join them for a full Thanksgiving Dinner. This past Thanksgiving, Tavern had the pleasure of serving over 1,000 dinners to those in need.
Meals will be served at the following locations:
Central Square 730 Massachusetts Ave., Cambridge
Salem 189 Washington St., Salem
Allston 161 Brighton Ave., Allston
Interested in joining in? Send an email to the location you would like to spend the great day at.
Whatever you do, wherever you go, we wish you and your family a fabulous and fulfilling Thanksgiving holiday. Enjoy!