It’s almost Memorial Day weekend! There’s no better way to celebrate this gateway to summer than with refreshing drinks and delicious food. Here are our top picks:
Opening at 11 am on Memorial Day, admission to the Rooftop@Revere lounge and pool will be free all weekend.
— Revere Hotel (@RevereBoston) May 23, 2016
The brand new rooftop bar will be open with plenty of summertime cocktails to sip on while soaking up the sun. 21+ only.
Bear in Boots
— Bear in Boots Gastro (@BinBGastroPub) May 19, 2016
Bear in Boots is a gastropub with an all-scratch kitchen in Falmouth, MA. A special For Foodies menu is in place from today through the weekend featuring the following dishes:
- A raw bar platter that consists of Platter Of Local Oysters On The Half Shell, Cracked Lobster Claws, Shrimp Cocktail, Littleneck Clams On The Halfshell, Hot Sauce, Cocktail Sauce, Lemon, Cracked Black Pepper Mignonette Sauce.
- Soft Shell Crab
- Lobster and Clam Dinner
- Smoked Baby Back Ribs
- Deep fried Twinkies
Loco Taqueria of South Boston will be opening at 1 pm on Memorial Day. There will be margaritas, tacos, and $1 oysters to kick off the summer season!
— Esteban Lainez Moya (@EstebanLainezM) May 17, 2016
Bistro du Midi
Bistro du Midi has one of the best patios in the city overlooking picturesque Boston Common. Executive Chef Josue Louis has added some menu additions that will be available:
- Lobster roll, yellow peach, brown butter $24
- Sea bass, pea tendrils, heirloom tomatoes, chorizo emulsion $31
- Nectarine & rhubarb cobbler, bourbon caramel, blueberry ice cream $12
Additionally, Head Sommelier Todd Lipman has made his own vermouths in the three varieties of dry, rosso and rosé. He highlighted each of the three styles in specific cocktails which highlight each rendition’s unique characteristics – flavor, aroma, texture and weight.
The Rosé Negroni is a clever twist on a classic, splitting the bitterness quotient between both Campari and Aperol, the latter selected to highlight the orange oil that is used to finish the Rosé vermouth.
- Rosé Vermouth ($9) – Rosé wine, strawberry and cranberry infused brandy, wormwood, gentian, herbs and spices
- Rosé Negroni ($15) – Plymouth Gin, Aperol, Campari
Which one will you choose? To learn more about hospitality public relations at 451, click here!